Saturday, September 20, 2014

Gods rainbow...

Speechless!
God's rainbow...The first rainbow was placed in the sky by a loving God making a promise to His people..."I have set MY rainbow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth....Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:12-17 What was the promise, the covenant? That God would never again let the flood waters destroy all of life.
This rainbow above my two oldest children reminds me of another promise...
"Sing to God, sing in praise of HIS name, extol Him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before Him-His name is the Lord. A Father to the fatherless, a defender of the widows, is God in His holy dwelling." Psalm 68:4-5
Guess what this verse tells me? My post several weeks ago was correct...I was never meant to be Mom and Dad!! My children were blessed with an amazing earthly Dad, who tragically died way too young from a terrible disease. But God took over...He is a father to the fatherless! He will be there for them, heal their hurts, comfort their souls, bring peace to their very being, and give them strength when they feel like they can't go on. Marty was amazing but he couldn't do all that! My children are covered by the promise...and so are you. You may not be fatherless or a widow but God promises to heal the brokenhearted, to bind up the wounds, to give strength to the weary...read it for yourself! Isaiah 41:28-31, Isaiah 61:1-3
For those of you who were at the wedding...remember the downpour that came right before the wedding began? It could have ruined the day...But God! The thunder rolled as they were pronounced Mr. and Mrs., beautiful double rainbow appeared above our heads, tables miraculously dried and a party began....Several gave credit to Marty being present...I think not! I mean maybe he was...but God controls the thunder and God clearly puts the rainbows in the sky and God dried those tables and blessed the day! Remember....storms hit, they hit HARD...But God promises they will not destroy if we will look to Him!
Ending back with the first verse...
The flood that came into the Stayer family 11 years ago could have destroyed...
it didn't because of GOD! See the rainbow and remember HIS promises...

No comments:

Post a Comment