Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Finish Strong...

Okay normally I like to include a picture in my posts because I am a visual learner and I think if you see a picture with the words it connects the point.  Not today!  :)  Not today because it would have to include self incriminating evidence!  Oh there are many pictures I could take and post...

Finishing.  I am NOT a good finisher, I am a great starter!  I have started many projects...that remain unfinished.  If I were to be really transparent, (heaven knows I don't do that!) I would tell you I get bored easily, and when I get bored I want to do something else...thus the unfinished projects. I am struggling in my last weeks of school. I am not sure why but I am.  My papers are late and I have a REAL lack of interest in studying.  I just wanna be done NOW!!  Gee can you see why God would have me writing, learning on this topic???

Finish strong!  Think about any race you have watched...do they talk much about those who do not finish?  Even those who come in last get more coverage than those who quit along the way.  Get to the finish line...even if you are bruised, beaten up, and battle weary and crawling...get to the finish line!  Do not quit one day too soon.

One of my most precious moments in this life was watching my husband take his last breath.  When his life on this earth was over, I held him and excitedly proclaimed, "You did it! You did it baby!"  I had just witnessed him crossing the most important finish line!  He had fought the good fight and finished the race...and now I am 100% confident that his residence is heavenly!!

I am called to finish.  Finish nursing school yes, but more importantly finish my life strong.  Finishing projects is rewarding, so I am told, finishing this life well gets you a crown in heaven!
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will reward to me on that day- not only to me but to all who have longed for his appearing."  2 Timothy 4:7-8
Struggling? Take a moment and remember what your goal is.  For nursing school it is to walk that stage on December 12th...so when I registered for it, reserved tickets for it, tell my kids to take the day off of work...I am preparing for the finish!  I need my daily choices to support that finish too!  :)  Same with our faith and a much bigger race.  Remember the goal, the finish line will come, stand strong. Don't quit before you get there!

"Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means."  2 Corinthians 8: 11
Pretty sure I just got spanked!  Get to it!  FINISH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment