Monday, September 8, 2014

Desert rain

Okay here's what I love about God...I was already going to write a follow post about what God can do during our desert times...and this morning He is already giving everyone a visual!  I want out of the desert! Have you heard that before from me?? :)  But God has been showing me all of these verses...
"The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom....they will see the glory of the Lord, the splendor of our God"  Isaiah 35:1-2
"I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys.  I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs......so that people may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created it."  Isaiah 41:18-20
Both of these verses tell me that God wants to be known by us!  Perhaps He allows desert time so that HE may be seen and known by others around us.  I have had times in the desert that I couldn't have avoided...I have brought some of the desert time on by my own choices.  Whichever desert you are in, look for God's hand.  It is there; either waiting for you to come back, to stop choosing rebellion and walk once again with Him. Or, if the desert time is caused by tragedy, hardship in your life...be strong and courageous!  God will walk you through so that others may see and know Him!  I am convinced that God shines the brightest in our lives during the darkest times. Whether we "feel" Him there or not.

Finally...
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the desert."  Isaiah 43:18-19

Sometimes self forgiveness is the hardest thing!!  I have made bad choices but I have asked for forgiveness and God's word tells me He remembers them NO MORE!  Time to let go!  He is doing a new thing!  Watch for the streams and new blooms in the desert...He is doing the work!!  
"He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water."  Isaiah 49: 10
Know and rely on the love, extravagant, all out, unconditional LOVE God has for you...yes even in the desert!  Be refreshed by the rain today.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment