Monday, September 15, 2014

Decide...

D
Decide...
Decide: verb; come to resolution in the mind as a result of consideration.  Make a choice from a number of alternatives.
The decision that is being made in the picture above is based on the second definition above...the two people had alternatives but, they chose or decided to marry each other.
However, if they want the marriage to last they will follow the first definition as well and decide, or resolve in the mind.  Resolve in their mind that they will make decisions based on what is best for each other, resolve in their mind that they will stay committed to the decision they made to choose one another.  This will involve major decisions and thousands of little ones daily. And it will involve much battle in the mind.
Today I woke up, although I am not married, with choices to make which would affect my relationship with my Savior.  "To all of us, male and female, Jesus has offered himself as our provider and protector, the One who has forever pledged himself in faithfulness and love."  (Spangler, 2006)
"For your Maker is your husband-
the Lord Almighty is His name-"
Isaiah 54:5-7
When I became I Christian, I took Christ's name.  I chose to stand at the altar and make a decision that would affect all other choices I would make for the rest of my life.  My mind is probably the biggest battlefront for those choices.  Guess what?  Nine times out of ten the body bone follows the head bone.  If I allow my mind to dwell too long in places where it shouldn't, it changes places I will go, things I will watch, words I will speak.  Little decisions make up the big ones.
DECIDE...
"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you,
then chose for yourselves
this day
whom you will serve."
Joshua 24:15

Psalm 119:30-31
"I have CHOSEN the way of faithfulness
I have SET my heart (and mind) on
your laws.
I HOLD FAST  to your statutes."

Decide....
Choose, set your heart and mind on, and hold fast friends!  What is the alternative?

No comments:

Post a Comment