Monday, September 29, 2014

Endure


E
Endure..
Teach me Lord how to endure
Endure: to hold out against, sustain without impairment or yielding...
Give me understanding so that I can endure..
I don't have to fully understand the why's, the how's, the when's...
but I do need to understand, lean on, depend on
YOUR truth.
Lord help me to sit back, quiet my anxious mind and watch YOU
direct my paths.
Turn..
Turn my eyes towards YOU
Turn...
Turn my eyes away from worthless things...
Endure...
I can because you did!
How Lord, how did you endure such pain, betrayal, heartache
to pay a price for sins you didn't commit??
"For the joy set before Him, He endured..."
You endured so that I could have the same joy set before me!
You endured so that I would not grow weary and lose heart!
You endured so that I could!
Thank you!
Thank you for enduring so much so that I could endure through this short life..
and have the hope and joy of heaven set before me!

Psalm 119: 33-40; Proverbs 3:5-6; Hebrews 12:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment